Re: 4.7 vs 5.2: READ me

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 11:25:51 EDT

I have to disagree. I have always, and will forever be a fan of the pushrod.
 I bought my R/T for that very reason. I am an engineer for Ford Motor
Company, and I have disagreed with Ford's tactics of completely doing away
with the legendary pushrods since they started the migration years ago. I
even gave up my A plan and saving several thousand dollars so I could
actually buy a REAL motor (read: big displacement pushrod)

The fact is... if you want a cute little high revving econo-buzz motor, buy a
overhead cam. If you want a real motor with gobs of power where you can
actually use it, buy pushrod.

It isn't a coincidence that 95% of the race cars at the racetracks are
pushrods ya know...