Re: new member

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 21:39:19 EDT

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 opus30@webtv.net wrote:

> This is a great site. I've already found a ton of useful information. I
> own a 92 4x4 dakota with the 318. Modifications so far are k&n
> filtercharger,msd wires underdrive pullies(found at summit for under
> $50.00),rancho shocks, bug deflector. I want to add a ported TB and an
> msd 6A. But there is not much room under the hood for the msd box I was
> wondering where is the best place to locate it? Thanks for any info

  Welcome to the list!

   I think some people have mounted the MSD on the firewall. Still
others have made a bracket up and mounted it beside the engine. However,
I've heard of many installs (non-Dak) that put the ignition inside
the passenger compartment, which is supposed to prolong its life. (Less
moisture, vibration, and heat.) I don't know if the MSD6A can be mounted
like that or not, but it might be worth a call to MSD tech support
to ask. If I ever get an aftermarket ignition, I will probably mount
it inside the cab, under the dash.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |