Checking on 2000 Dakota Order

From: Rick Pargeter (rparge@teleport.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 23:44:56 EDT

Hi, all.

I've got a 2000 4.7 SLT on order, and have several questions about the 800
number that you can call to check on the build status of your truck.

1. I tried the 800 number, and it does not work according to the
instructions. (I got the instructions from the list a couple of weeks ago -
they were:)

>Call 1-800-992-1997 Go through automation in this order:
>Press 2, Hold for a minute, when prompted press 1,

This number is a DC customer service number, but nowhere do I see where to
check on your truck
So when I press 2, I am instructed to enter the party's 4 digit extension
number. Where do I go from here?

Question #2 - What does a valid VON# look like. My salesman gave me a number
that
was a seven digit number like --> AA12345. Is this a good VON number?

Would appreciate any help on this. Dying to know where my truck is! <g>

TIA.
Rick