Subject: Re: Re: Re: Spinning the tires.

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 23:44:36 EDT

 Car & Driver occasionally road tests police vehicles, especially
when a new model comes out. They're nothing special. True, they
may have a litle more power than the civvy version, but they've got so
much extra weight that they accelerate like the bloated land yachts
they are.

  Granted, there are exceptions; I wouldn't want to try my luck against
the police Camaro Z-28, but the cruisers are no big deal.

  Just in case my post gets taken the wrong way, I should mention that what

*is* a big deal are the on-board camera and police radio. Doesn't matter
how fast the car is, its not a good idea to run from 'em... If they want
you bad enough, they're probably going to catch you.

                                              -Jon-

Yeah, my bike (RF900R) will leave anything the cops have, including the
"pursuit specials" (oohh, I'm scared), it's that damn Motorola under the
dash that can be a real bitch.

Can someone say SPIKE STRIPS?

Mike G.