Re: Heavy Duty Cooling ?'s

From: CDaivs3872@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 18:04:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/99 11:13:07 AM Central Daylight Time, jbe@micron.net
writes:

> I have a '99 Dak with the 318, auto, 4x4, SLT. My truck did not come
> with
> the heavy duty cooling group, which as I understand it is simply an
> additional
> radiator for the tranny.
>
> I want to add a tranny cooler to the truck, would any good aftermarket
> cooler work (that fits of course) or should I get the MOPAR for big $$$.
>
> Also curios as to where the extra radiator mounts on the Dak?
>
> thxs in advance
> Ja

My '97 dak has the trans cooler in-between the radiator and AC cores and an
engine oil cooler that is mounted on the block down by the crank pulley. I'm
guessing that is all you get for extra cooling, unless the radiator is an
upgrade from the normal version too. I have yet to have a true heat problem,
but the truck seems happier pulling up long grades withthe 180 stat than it
did with the 195. Now it just gets too 195 by the top of the hill instead of
starting there and heading for 205 (these numbers are guesses from the dash
gauge, but should be close...)

Chris from CVIlle