Re: Re: RE: Talking Fans

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 13:21:43 EDT

Installing the fan as a "Puller" (behind the radiator) is better since it's
not blocking the air stream (coming from the grill). If you install the
fan as a "Pusher" (and in front of the radiator) there's two problems:

(1) There's not enough room (thickness) for the fan on our trucks
(2) You have to go through the A/C "Radiator" first - This blocks the
airflow slightly

When the vehicle is moving, there's also normally enough airflow to keep
the fan(s) from coming ON....with the exception of when you use the A/C
(Fans come on automatically).

- Bernd