Re: Re: Exhaust - New To List

From: Ollie Garcia (motoplex@midsouthmotoplex.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 01:29:50 EDT

Mike's right, I called Gibson today and spoke with a techie and he told me
that they had some clearance problems with the split rear, that if I could
leave my truck with them for a day or so I could have a free exhaust on
Gibson. <sigh> I live in TN. Anyway he told me if your looking for the most
bang-for-your-buck value to go with the swept side. All the hp claims in
the front of their catalog was with a 318 and a swept side system. As far
as installation goes he said 1 cut was required before the stock muffler.
Funny because the pic that they have in the catalog of the swept side has a
flange on it and it looks as if it would bolt up perfectly when I crawled
underneath mine. Oh well, I'm probably gonna order mine in the next day or
so.

--Ollie G.