Re: Re: Exhaust - New To List

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 14:03:44 EDT

At 12:29 AM 9/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip> All the hp claims in the front of their catalog was with a 318
>and a swept side system. <snip>

Nov'97 Mopar Muscle has an install article on the dual rear exit on a 4x2.
After the install, they ran it on a 1/8-mile track on a humid day in FL.
They did 4 runs, threw out the slowest and averaged the remaining three
and claim a solid 2/10 sec. in the 1/8.

>As far as installation goes he said 1 cut was required before the stock
>muffler. <snip>

The Gibson muffler, when the after-pipes are properly aligned, will sit
a different angle than the stock. If the pipe is cut just before the
muffer (cat side), the angle between the Gibson muffler and the stock
cat will not match ... hence the instructions say to make the cut about
8" from the muffler (cat side).

Also, I think the only place which says that clearance for a spare tire
greater in diameter than 235/75 x 15 (for the dual rear exits) is on their
instruction sheet. I'm guessing that this is the reason for their
current 'free' offer.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.268 @ 88.86