Re: Accel Super Coils......

From: CDaivs3872@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 20:51:29 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/99 6:28:09 PM Central Daylight Time, gibbons@fn.net
writes:

> Oh yeah, I took the part # for the Borg Warner brass cap & rotor to Pep
> Boys (C191P & D223). The inserts did not look like brass to me so I didn't
> get it. Can anyone confirm this P/N for my '99? I can't seem to find anyone
> who makes a high perf. cap & rotor for my truck. Accel makes one for the
> '98. Will this fit '99? What's the diff? The only plug wires I could find
> were Jacobs. MSD and Accel did not list any for '99. Any thoughts on Jacobs
> wires?
>
> Mike G.
i can't say for sure if this will work on the '99, but I jsut put set of
ACCEL Super Stockers on my 97s 318. The local Autozone didn't list anything
but their crappy wires for the truck, but an old HS buddy of mine is working
there now. We went back to the shelf and dug through all the performance
wires they had till we found a set that looked like it would work. Blue
wires, set number 5056B. I don't know if they were supposed to be this way or
not, but the set came with 2 short coil wires and 9 plug wires. Neither of
the coil wires were useful, but I worked from the back to the front of the
motor saving the longest plug wire for last. It made it from the coil to the
cap without a problem. Fresh set of truck plugs and a cap and rotor seemed to
perk things up a bit...no test data to confirm, but seat of pants is happier
: )

Chris from CVille