Re: Dakota with 20 degrees advance! how to undo??

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 20:29:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/99 5:16:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Dester223@aol.com writes:

<<
 Anyways.. I had a timing light hooked up to it and WOW! 20 degrees of
 advance? It started out at about 5 degrees, and in about 20 seconds, jumped
 to 20 degrees (gradually) But... The wierd thing is.... It didn't stay at
 EXACTLY 20 degrees. It jumped back and forward on the TDC mark and both 5
 degree marks. What gives?
 How do i retard this? What am i doing wrong? When installing the ASP
 underdrive pullies, I DID... move the crank because i was trying to break
the
 ALT's pully lose. Could that be it?

Are you using a timing light? You cant, at least I dont know how you can get
a base timing using one. You have to hook it up to a computer scanner.
Boog