Dakota with 20 degrees advance! how to undo??

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 20:07:48 EDT

Hello list. I have 97 dakota cc v6 auto tranny. As you know. It has the
electrical fans, 180 stat, jacob's ignition, champion truck plugs at .050,
(ex) jet 2 chip, (soon to be EX) e-ram, K&N gen 2 alike intake with K&N cone
filter, ported TB, astrojet pulse amplifier, and etc..

Anyways.. I had a timing light hooked up to it and WOW! 20 degrees of
advance? It started out at about 5 degrees, and in about 20 seconds, jumped
to 20 degrees (gradually) But... The wierd thing is.... It didn't stay at
EXACTLY 20 degrees. It jumped back and forward on the TDC mark and both 5
degree marks. What gives?
How do i retard this? What am i doing wrong? When installing the ASP
underdrive pullies, I DID... move the crank because i was trying to break the
ALT's pully lose. Could that be it?
-Dester