RE: Dynomax(Super Turbo) Info

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 18:58:53 EDT

I had a 3" CAT back Ultraflo setup, sounded great on my '95 V8 Dakota.
I had the CAT replaced with 3in/out, and the exhaust got WAY loud.
I replaced the Ultraflo with a Super Turbo... This brought the sound
level to near non-existant inside the truck, but gave a good raspy
v8 "spaagaaga" note outside. Performance actually went up with this
setup (too little backpressure can be a bad thing).

On my '99 RT, I've once again gone with the Ultraflo. Love the sound.

I've heard an Ultraflo on a V6 Ranger 4.0, and it sounded pretty good.

The Ultraflo will be a higher flowing, less restrictive muffler than the
Super Turbo.

Sam '99 RT