Re: Brake Pads

From: BoogYT1300@AOL.COM
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 08:04:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/99 12:23:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
coertell@earthlink.net writes:

<<
 Anyone out there have any recommendations regarding brake pads for a '98 V6?
 I would love to get the carbon pads but I can't find them anywhere! Right
 now I have Pro Line (?) from Pep Boys and they do nothing but squeal. Plus
 they really don't stop worth a damn. If you could please help I would
 appreciate it.

Dude, never go to shlepp girls, especially for auto parts.
Yeah, their prices are the best, but you get what you pay for in this market.
Autozone carries Performance Friction Carbon Metallics.
I sell Bendix and they have recently upgraded their base line of pads to the
titanumetallic line. Basically they have a small percentage of titanium in
them to make them last longer and dissipate heat better, but they do not tear
up your rotors like many "lifetime" brakes do.
Boog