RE: Crower roller rockers attn: Bernd

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 17:53:10 EDT

The install was very easy and they went in without a problem. The only
thing that seems to be inherent is the very slight "Clicking" noise from the
Full Rollers. (Harland Sharp has the same problem as does Crane with the
Mopar Rollers...BB or SB)

Are they worth the money? If you don't mind a little bit more reliability
and less friction from the conversion...YES...worth every penny. :)

I gained about another 200RPM on the top end and it does accelerate a little
bit smoother. With the 1.7:1 Rollers, make sure that you do NOT require
stiffer valve springs (coil bind isn't pretty at high RPM's). Also make
sure that your stock valve covers (if you have them) don't cause any
clearance problems. (I had to dimple the inside of my V6 covers
slightly...nothing hard to do though.)

- Bernd