Re: Got the Jet installed

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 22:59:41 EDT

I'm not 100% convinced of the chip either. That's the problem with multiple
mods at the same time. Hard to separate exactly what did what. I am
considering calling RV Perf and saying "Man, that Jet is a P.O.S! How about
giving me what I originally wanted!". I don't know if they'll agree, but if
I can exchange for the Hypertech, I'll be happy to give an opinion to the
group about what I think of the two on my truck. Of course, my opinion is
strictly seat-of-the-pants with no dyno or time slips to back it up, very
subjective. My only concern is that Mark (in his original post) said he was
still getting some detonation even with octane boost added. He said
something about going with like 94 (racing fuel?) octane or something. I
don't like the idea of pre-ignition in my truck. Mark, you there? How's the
PTM working out on pump gas?

Mike G.

Subject: DML: Re: Got the Jet installed

I'm happy that you like the chip. I however would like to mention that when
I first got my truck I tried the gibson cat back and gibson headers and
noticed the same changes that you are stating. The chip vs. chip dyno idea
is good however I'm not very concerned with the numbers a dyno produces. I
ran my truck back to back with and without the JET chip and can say there
was no change in ET which is a number I am concerned with. Also keep in
mind
that both of my runs were with the 180 stat which could be a good portion
of
what you are feeling. makes for an expensive stat.
keep in mind this is only what I observed in MY truck but it seems I'm not
the only one
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1