The little 6'er that could (long)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 00:37:33 EDT

I'm writing this for my bro Geoffrey Hackbart, who I'm very excited for.
After reading this, I think y'all will be as excited for him as I am.
Check it out,
Here in Dallas, we have one of those "sub groups" that have spun off
this website and another like it. We call it the dallas dakotas.
Anyway, we had a get-together today at Hooters and then we went to a
local 1/8 mile track afterwards. Out of the 8 that showed, 7 were R/T's.
One of the R/T's is a strong nitrous truck, so here's Geoffrey with his
98 SLT cc 6 banger/auto. We leave Hooters and he leads the pack down the
highway, a little 6er leading 7 R/T's, it was GREAT. We're having a
blast.
We get to the track, and the announcer walks up and comments about all
the Dodges and how he's a Mopar fan, really cool guy.
So we start time trialing and making several passes each.
Out of nowhere, the announcer says we're about to start the quick 8
races, how about a bracket race for just you Dakota guys?
After coaxing a few of the ones that weren't too sure how to bracket
race, we all agreed to do it. Woohoo!
So out of the 8 of us, Geoffrey guns down 3 and he's in the final
against a young man we call "the King kid", because he's really a good
racer and his R/T runs 14.6's in the 1/4.
The King red lights and Geoffrey cruises to a WIN!
We couldn't have been happier for him (I won a 5ski on him) and gathered
around him for a good back slappin'.
Hats off to Geoffrey Hackbart, you & your 6'er RULE!
                                                 Alan S.