Odd Noises - New FABM

From: Jeff Schultz (chill@en.com)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 02:20:44 EDT

Hey all, I just put in a 10" Edelbrock open element air clearner, with a
K&N 10x2.5 Filter. When I first installed it, everything sounded fine, and
there were no unexpected noises, Just the throuty Acceleration sound
(Which is Awesome) I took it for a trip that was around 200 Miles round
trip. Towards the end of the trip, I noticed a strange noise starting to
develop, Like the sound of water running though pipes. I also noticed that
if I tapped the gas, I heard a VERY loud hissing sound. I assumed there
must have been some sort of leak, so I took off the FABM, and Tried it
with no filter.. Still the very loud hissing sound. I am confused about
what could have happened to cause these noises to star after so long. The
only explanation I have is that the computer realized that the truck was
getting much more air now, and adjusted the fuel flow accordingly.

As odd as this may seem, the speed difference is incredible. I can now
break em loose on concrete very easily.....

Thanks,
Jeff
99 CC 4x4 518