Re: Do we have a Mass Air Flow?? was: Odd Noises - New FABM

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 16:57:50 EDT

The speed density system has less restriction to airflow than stock
MAF's. It would seem they offer a hp advantage. However, aftermarket
MAF's flow enough that the sky is the limit on flowrates. MAF'S can
automatically compensate for "bolt-on" changes in intake flowrate and
are electronically tweakable to compensate for major changes. If we
had control over our computers the speed density wouldn't be a
problem. And even though we can custom tune our computers for a price,
it would have to be redone after other mods.
Turbo City makes a MAP adjuster for jeep/mopar engines that may solve
that(and other) problems.
Dr. Pat