Re: Not again! Ball Joints....

From: Jack Hilton (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 18:45:44 EDT

I would try and have it fixed under warranty . At first they will of course
deny the claim saying you are out of warranty . Get a meeting with the Zone
Rep and explain that this problem was pre-existing , which has been
documented . As long as you have a known pre-existing problem , alot of
times they will still cover it under warranty , even when the warranty has
expired . At any rate , make sure you see the Zone Rep and don't settle for
the 'NO' you will surely get from the dealer .

At 06:33 PM 10/4/1999 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi All. Anyone else have problems with upper or lower ball joints on 4x4
>Daks? My uppers and lowers were both replaced at 30K miles by the dodge
>dealer (that only took 5 trips and a heated discussion with their service
>manager to get that accomplished). Now I'm at 52K (out of warranty) and the
>lowers are gone again. I just took it to Kelley Autotire to get the tires
>R&Bed and have them check the alignment. Same as when I bought the tires at
>30k, it never made it to the rack. They found the wobbly joints while
>inspecting it. Is there a better ball joint than the ones Dodge is going to
>want to put back in it, and is there a chance in hell they will pay for
>replacing this set? I told the guy at Kelley about the DML and asking the
>group, and he said to expect a lot of replies. He said mine was the first
Dak
>to show bad joints, but they've seen a lot of them since then. I may be a
>little over paranoid about mine, but I had a ferd EXP (POS) separate a BJ on
>me at about 70 mph one night. The resulting 180 was a bit traumatic and not
>something I want to repeat in my Dak. If there really are a ton of these
>things having problems and you don't want to flood the DML just send your
>replies straight to me. I wouldn't' t mind carrying a ream of printed posts
>about these things into the Dealer for my Wednesday afternoon inspection
>appointment (yeah never mind the fact that both I and the ASE certified
>mechanic at the tire store can confirm that the current BJs are junk, the
>dealer won't even order in a set until they see that they are bad with there
>own eyes) If this keeps up I'm going to have to exit this list and just show
>up to whip you in an F 350 Diesel Dually! ; ) (disclaimer: the preceding
>line of text was meant as a joke...don't take it personally)
>
>Chris from CVille
>97 Dak cc 4x4 5.2L auto

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html