Not again! Ball Joints....

From: CDaivs3872@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 18:33:00 EDT

Hi All. Anyone else have problems with upper or lower ball joints on 4x4
Daks? My uppers and lowers were both replaced at 30K miles by the dodge
dealer (that only took 5 trips and a heated discussion with their service
manager to get that accomplished). Now I'm at 52K (out of warranty) and the
lowers are gone again. I just took it to Kelley Autotire to get the tires
R&Bed and have them check the alignment. Same as when I bought the tires at
30k, it never made it to the rack. They found the wobbly joints while
inspecting it. Is there a better ball joint than the ones Dodge is going to
want to put back in it, and is there a chance in hell they will pay for
replacing this set? I told the guy at Kelley about the DML and asking the
group, and he said to expect a lot of replies. He said mine was the first Dak
to show bad joints, but they've seen a lot of them since then. I may be a
little over paranoid about mine, but I had a ferd EXP (POS) separate a BJ on
me at about 70 mph one night. The resulting 180 was a bit traumatic and not
something I want to repeat in my Dak. If there really are a ton of these
things having problems and you don't want to flood the DML just send your
replies straight to me. I wouldn't' t mind carrying a ream of printed posts
about these things into the Dealer for my Wednesday afternoon inspection
appointment (yeah never mind the fact that both I and the ASE certified
mechanic at the tire store can confirm that the current BJs are junk, the
dealer won't even order in a set until they see that they are bad with there
own eyes) If this keeps up I'm going to have to exit this list and just show
up to whip you in an F 350 Diesel Dually! ; ) (disclaimer: the preceding
line of text was meant as a joke...don't take it personally)

Chris from CVille
97 Dak cc 4x4 5.2L auto