gear change

From: Steve Strigle (strigle@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 19:26:14 EDT

Ug, I finally went into a shop to talk about swapping my rear 3.55 gears
for a 4.10 setup. I about decked the guy when he told me $1400. Am I
nuts or should the parts and labor be under $500? Thought someone said the
gears were about $260.

Anyone know of a good shop in Colorado / Wyomning / Kansas that can do it
cheaper? I've never swapped gears myself, Is it something that someone
with some mechanical ability could do or would it be best left to someone
that actually knows what they're doing? The local Dealership is staffed by
morons, I won't let them near my gears, they can't even change oil without
causing problems.. ((they put about 2 quarts too much in, even though I
have 10 free oil changes I'll never use them.))

Steve Strigle
99 Dakota SLT + various toys