Re: Not again! Ball Joints

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 23:32:12 EDT

Hey, my 97 dakota cc v6 did the same thing. They are crapped out. Mechanic
at Team Tires Plus showed me they were moving back and forward about an inch!
 you have the wheel in free air (nothing is restricting the movement of the
a-arm and stuff) and grab the tire and move it back and forward. If it
moves, check what's moving and on mine. UPPER ball joints are crapped. at
8k my passenger side a-arm had to be replaced!
-Dester

<< why would a truck with 23,000 ,iles need new balljoints? Maybe your trucks
 were built on the same day,same hour? Do you guys drive hard? When the ball
 joints go bad, what does it feel like? Maybe its a stupid question, but iv'e
 never experienced it.
 If it does happen i'd like to have an Idesa what it could be.