Re: Not again! Ball Joints

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 23:32:24 EDT

On my truck, there was a very noticeable rattle coming from the front end
whenever I drove on a road that was less than perfect, with in Austin is
everywhere.

I have seen on the DML and heard from several people directly that the
B.J.'s Dodge is using in our trucks suck big time. I don't know how they are
different from previous models except that the tops in my 98 are sealed.
IE., they do not have zerks so you can grease them. Both my tops, and
bottoms were bad, and the dealership also replaced the idler arm as well,
though I have my suspicions as to whether that was bad or not. I'm guessing
not, but they make more money from DC on the repair, and they don't have to
worry about me coming back for it in a month or two.

FWIW, I do not drive the truck hard on uneven surfaces, and in fact am very
easy on it whenever I'm on anything that is not pavement, even if it is a
smooth gravel road. I'd just as soon not get a bunch of chips in my paint of
for no other reason. I also do not jump it, or auto cross. It is a 4X4 after
all. I do like a little hard acceleration from time to time but that is
another story altogether :)

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC