Re: rebuilt engine options... HELP!

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 22:16:23 EDT

Call Jasper .

At 09:48 PM 10/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>okay guys, I come to you for guidance..
>
>since I will NOT go magnum (Boog), I have a few questions for those who
may have done the whole "new engine" thing.

>Here is what I've been thinkin' about:
>getting a rebuilt premag 6er. Here's the thing...where? I know I can
probably order one at Advance Auto parts, but is an auto parts store engine
a good one? I know I can probably get a short block from the dealer, but
really, who has that kind of money. Who else could I get a short block
from? I'm thinkin' about a boneyard and sending it to a machine shop. From
there I will get the cylinders bored (not much..gotta' pass a sniffer), new
pistons, Magnum heads, then transfer all my stuff from there. I'm sure my
crank and cam are aiight enough to transfer over to a new motor.... I hope...

>Can you get an engine with everything but heads? I'm afraid that my shafts
(crank and cam) aren't up to snuff for a new motor....
>sigh...
>

>HELP!! ANYONE!!
>
>-mike d.

W. Jack Hilton III