Re: PLEASE help. 20 degrees engine advance.

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 05 1999 - 23:37:18 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/99 8:34:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Dester223@aol.com writes:

<< PS. kinda early? only 61k on the truck. but then again. I drive the hell
 outta it

Isnt this almost common on Dakotas? I have heard a lot of this. Take your
distributor cap off. Use a socket on the crank and turn the motor clockwise.
 Rotor should move instantly. Stop, turn crankshaft counterclockwise.
Again, rotor should move almost instantly. If you start at top dead center,
you can see how many degrees of crankshaft rotation before rotor starts
moving. Any more then five, and I would start worrying.

Brad