Re: rebuilt engine options... HELP!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 07:25:43 EDT

At 09:48 PM 10/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
> <snip> Here is what I've been thinkin' about:
>getting a rebuilt premag 6er. <snip> From there I will get
>the cylinders bored (not much..gotta' pass a sniffer), new pistons,
>Magnum heads, then transfer all my stuff from there. I'm sure my crank
>and cam are alright enough to transfer over to a new motor.... I hope...
> <snip> -mike d.

Adapting a premag engine for mag heads would be an expensive and not a
straightforward mod because of the different oiling method used by the
premags and the mags. At a minimum, it would require replacing most,
if not all, of the valvetrain components (lifters, pushrods, roller rockers,
retainers, springs, etc.), plugging up oil passages in the premag block,
installing a roller cam and drilling into the block for mag head bolts.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.234 @ 87.26