Re: going hunting, k&n problem???

From: CDaivs3872@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 21:19:05 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/99 11:17:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
gros_pif@yahoo.com writes:

> Hi
>
> I'm going hunting this week-end and I was just a
> little bit worried about my k&n filter. I'm going to
> ride into a lot of unpaved road this week-end, and
> some say that it is better to prevent dust going into
> the air filter because of its massive exposure to dirt
> and dust.
>
> Is that right??? or I should not worry about that.

If it's real dusty, you'll probably want to pull the K&N and wash and re-oil
it after you get back. Mine gets hit with lot of dust on jobsites everyday,
so I clean it at least every 6 or 9 thousand miles. Aside from that, don't
worry about it. It would probably go a lot longer between washes if it stayed
out of the dirt at work, but that isn't an option for me. It always comes
clean though...

Chris from CVille