Re: Re: Noisy lifters

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 20:51:15 EDT

I am in Colorado right now, at the DOC get together in Durango.
But I recieved a trade magazine from a buddy, it has a TSB for "lifter noise"
It states that if a customer comes in for lifter noise, to listen to the front
of the engine......the problem could be the timing chain. Dan, Fastman, of the
Fastman-Quick D Throttle bodies and soon to be heads......tore his engine apart
and found that the chain was really loose. He went in and argued, and they put
the timing chain adjuster from the V6 on the V8. This is supposed to solve the
problem. I have heard the ticking noise on lots of trucks.......Rams, Daks, and
a few Durangos.
Anyway.......Talk to you all soon.....hopefully.
If you happen to have sent me an email recently, It might be a few days for me
to reply...I will be back on Sunday, and will send them all out then......

If you email me privately, I can get that TSB # when I get home.