Broke into the 14's for the first time!

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 22:39:11 EDT

I went to Milan last Wednesday with my new Hypertech and broke into the 14's
for the first time! I have had previous "corrected" times in the 14's but
actual times were in the 15's. The Hypertech added .2 to .3 in the 1/4. Here
are my times:

Run 1.
14.999 @ 90.53 (1/4)
9.591 @ 72.09 (1/8)
2.144 (60ft)

Run 2.
14.896 @ 91.08 (1/4)
9.492 @ 72.46 (1/8)
2.129 (60ft)

Run 3.
14.967 @ 89.99 (1/4)
9.507 @ 71.51 (1/8)
2.072 (60ft)

I am currently trying to get a set of taller tires to try and get my mph
back to 92 to 93 mph range. I have been in the 90 mph range since I
installed the 295/50R15's. Right now I'm crossing the finnish line over the
redline. I suspect that the computer is running out of steam at those speeds
like the old Dodge Shadow computers that started retarding timing after 13
sec at WOT.

I did manage to get the best 60 ft time ever, 2.07.

Mark "Flyboy" Kuzia
99 Dakota Sport 5.2L, 5-speed, 3.92-SG
14.83 @ 93.37 mph
flyboy01@worldnet.att.net