Re: Broke into the 14's for the first time!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 08:02:26 EDT

At 10:39 PM 10/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>I am currently trying to get a set of taller tires to try and get my mph
>back to 92 to 93 mph range. I have been in the 90 mph range since I
>installed the 295/50R15's. Right now I'm crossing the finnish line over the
>redline. <SNIP> I did manage to get the best 60 ft time ever, 2.07.
>Mark "Flyboy" Kuzia

Congrats, Mark! Any idea how much the Hypertech cut your ETs in uncorrected
times and what was the weather like when you ran?

I'm sure that you know that, by going to taller tires on the rear, you may
also
increase your ETs. The DML tire calculator says that, with your 295/50s, your
effective gear ratio is 4.12. Boy, those must be wide tires. I gather you're
running a different size up front.

I have the opposite problem. With the 3.55SG, auto. and 28" drag radials,
I'm going through the traps at a tick over 4000 rpm but my peak HP is
around 4800 rpm
with a redline at about 5600 rpm. I'll be switching to 26" drag radials next
week and hope it'll give me more track to break into the 14s. I'm pretty sure
that I can do 15.1s (a brisk headwind kept my pb to 15.234). With the 28",
my effective gear ratio is about 3.50 ... with the 26", it'll be about 3.80.
Hoping it'll be enough so that I can reach my goal.

Congrats again!

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.234 @ 87.26