Re: Recurring Problem-expanded

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 16:24:44 EDT

At 12:16 PM 10/8/98 -0800, you wrote:
> <SNIP>
>This is where I need the guidance of some of you who've had perpetual
>problems. Should I contact the service manager or go directly to a regional
>D/C manager or something? Is there a protocol to have these types of things
>taken care of?

>From the postings on the DML, I seem to feel that I am lucky (fingers
crossed) that my Dak has not experienced recurring problems or any
major problems at all.

Assuming that the shop is the same as you bought your '97 and assuming
that you have a high opinion of the sales rep who sold you your truck
(big assumptions, I know), I would go to the sales rep, explain what
has happened, and see if he will step in on your behalf. I have done
this when the plastic cord kept breaking on the center arm rest (turn
out to be a design flaw that Chrysler was relunctant to admit to).
He (mind you, he is one of the top reps on a monthly basis) went to
the service manager and the body shop manager to try and find a fix
for me.

If this is not the case, I would go to the service manager (with your
invoices), calmly explain the whole scenario (he probably has no idea
of what you've through), and see what his response is. If it's not
satisfactory to you, do the same thing with the regional rep.
i.e. work up the ladder. Document everything as it occurs. It could
turn out to be a long, drawn-out process (take photocopies of everything
and give it to each person in the chain) but eventually it will work out.

Back in the 60's, I went this with a European car company, right up
to going to their headquarters in Toronto. Being calm and having
the documentation were the most important things.

Hope this helps.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.234 @ 87.26