Re: Out of the woodwork

From: Chris Lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 09 1999 - 15:23:33 EDT

Hey Andy welcome to the list, its nice to see another person from upstate NY
(I'm from just south of Albany myself) let alone someone else from
Clarkson...

 As far as your questions go, the 180 t-stat was the first mod I did and
it's pretty easy I should only take you around a 1/2 hour if that to do.
It's not that much of a difference but if you plan on doing more mods it
will be later.

The stock intake sucks so get a new one... The K&N gen II or the Quick-D
http://www.quickd.com/ are your two best options on a 99. You'll se a big
difference once you replace the filter in MPG and power. Another good mod
is the Throttle Body there are several guys out there selling them, quickd
R&D performance, Magnum Performance and Bruce and Frank. Its well worth the
money, it was the best mod I did on my truck both powerwise and MPG.

As far as the stereo goes I'm very happy with my Pioneer head its din and a
half so it fits in the dash perfect its the DEH-85 and its got just about
everything you'd want in a cd player... Take a look at
http://www.carmedia1.com/ to get some good prices crutchfeild is way too
expensive.

Go with a cat back exhaust as soon as possible don't wait until your muffler
dies, it make a huge difference when your change it to an aftermarket one.
I've got a dynomax on there and it's kinda quiet in my opinion I'd say go
with a Gibson or a borla...

>From what I've found advance and pep boys are worthless unless you need the
most basic parts, I've had a hard time even finding an oil filter for my
truck there... Summit and jegs are all right for some stuff mail order but
there isn't much selection for dodges.

I'm sure you'll get lots of Ideas for mods on the list as well as some great
advice...

Chris Lang
93 V8 CC 4x4