new engine prices.... anyone??

From: Michael Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 19:44:55 EDT

another shout out to the DMLer's...

okay, I went engine shoppin' today and here is what I came across....
a premag long block @ Poop Boys----> $1400 (rounded up)
 '' '' short block '' '' '' ¯---> $800
a premag long block at Trak Auto ¯----> $1300
short block not available at Trak...
a magnum block costs the same, but can I use a magnum block without having it necessarily be magnum??? I don't want to (and can't afford to) get a new computer and wiring and intake and injectors and all that stuff necessary to switch to magnum... besides, I don't want a friggin' magnum anyway! =)

are these good prices?? Can I do better? These engines are remaned. I'm thinkin' of goin' short block and doin' the magnum heads thing, but if the magnum heads don't work, then Mopar Performance has some racin' heads out there that flow better than maggie heads anyway....
decisions, decisions.....

someone please do something to shed some light!!

-mike d.

88 6er w/Slush-o-matic and 3.55's .... aka "the Mighty Premag"
mods: headers, 2.5" hi-flo cat and Borla muffler, Magnecors, K&N 14x3,
JET stage II, Daytona buckets, tinted windows, soon to be slammed....
6ers Unite!!!
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/1133