RE: went to buy a foglight came home with an new RT

From: Jack Yates (jack@blackdakrt.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 1999 - 22:34:04 EDT

Well I made a helluva impulse buy today. I went to the dealership to buy a
foglight for my '99 SLT v6 and when they advised me it was $91 for the
single foglight and they couldn't just give it to me at the parts counter
through warranty, that I would need to go through the service people to get
it through warranty. Well long story short service clowns at the "5 star
dealership" can't get the truck in the bay till next wednesday, and refused
to just do the paperwork and give me the light to put in myself..

Outside of the service bay on the sales lot there was a White RT with the
extended cab and all the options.. I couldn't resist, I've wanted an RT
since about 2 weeks after getting the V6 in May.. I grabbed a sales guy
and proceeded to test drive the truck over to my credit union to get a bank
check. I brought the '00 RT home with me, and all I wanted originally
was a foglight for my '99 V6.. So now I have 2 Daks! the 99 SLT, and now
the new '00 RT!!! Too make the truck insane I stopped into a performance
shop on the way home and ordered a Vortech supercharger for it. My only
complaint is that it's not another black dak...

Gotta go, I have to break this thing in within the next two weeks.. If I
don't post again in awhile my fiancee found out about it and has probably
killed me. :)

Steve Strigle
'00 Dakota RT (Vortech on order)
'99 Dakota SLT + toys
'98 Formula Firebird + Vortech

Steve, that rocks!!!! Congrats on the new truck, you are gonna love it!!! I
just ordered a white 00 CC R/T tonight to replace my '99, I am yet to see a
white one, send me some pics when ya get 'em! Great buy, and go check out
www.dakotart.com if you havent already.

Later
Jack Yates
'99 Black CC R/T