Re: need amplifier suggestions

From: Jr53080@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 06:29:01 EDT

I have a 98 Dakota Sport CC and just rebuilt my whole system. I replaced the
deck with the Alpine 7840. It is a great deck because it has 4V preamp outs
and a new thing called the MDAC. The MDAC is a 24 bit Dac (Data Analog
Converter). I then replaced the mids and highs with 2 sets of <A
HREF="http://www.diamondaudio.com">Diamond Audio</A> 6.5" Motorsport
Components. There is a great article in Car Stereo Review about these
components. here is a link to it .. <A
HREF="http://www.diamondaudio.com/car/review/page1.htm">Diamond Motorsport
Component Article</A>. Next was the MTX thunderform. I replaced the MTX
5000 subs with some Polk Audio DB-10s. They sound great. A hell of a lot
better the the crappy 5000s. Pushing the whole system are a PPI (<A
HREF="http://www.precisionpower.net">Precision Power</A>) PC450 4-channel amp
and a PC2150 2-channel amp. The PC450 is rated at 50x4 at 4 ohms. This amp
is way underrated. For a wihle i was using half of it to push the
thunderform. The PC2150 is rated at 150x2 at 4 ohms. This is also very
underrated. I was using it to push 3 JL 10w6s and it still had more to give.
 Thats 900+ watts. These amps are perdy pricy but are well worth it. The
amps are quite long and wont fit under the seats so i took off the plastic
molded pannel that runs the width of the truck right under the back window.
The two amps are both 9" wide and fit where that pannel was. I am currently
in the process to cut the pannel so i can fit it around them. I will post
some pictures up soon.

JR Shaw
Jr53080@aol.com
BlackDak318@aol.com