Re: SUPER or TURBO?

From: nosdakota (nosdakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 1999 - 07:35:55 EDT

I tend to like the way a turbo puts no additional load on the crank. I
believe Hot Rod did an article about the parasitic load it puts on there.
especially if you're already pushing the mechanical limits of the crank.
HOWEVER the amount of plumbing and fabrication that would be needed to put
in a turbo would make it quite a task. the advantage to the turbo is with
simple controls you can basically have as much boost as you see fit. with a
good stall converter you can almost eliminate lag and as Carroll Shelby once
said " If it's got turbo lag you ain't driving it right ".I don't know if
anyone makes a turbo kit for our trucks but if you find one let me know
please.
Joe W.
87 Shelby Charger 13.9
98 Dakota 13.1