RE: Mopar plug wires vs Magnecor vs ???

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 00:26:01 EDT

Bernd,
I have to disagree with you on Jacobs wires being good. I had a set of
their 8mm wires and they cross-fired and arced pretty bad after a coupla
years. I got them replaced under their "lifetime warranty". That was a
REAL hassle - you have to give them your credit card number, they CHARGE
your card, then credit your card after you've returned the old wires (so
you've got a $70-80 bill on your credit card for a month). Jacobs replaced
their wires with 8.5mm wires - I had those on for a year before they started
cross-firing and arcing pretty bad (I'm running the Jacobs EnergyTeam
ignition - no complaints other than their wires and that the ignition didn't
give me the power and MPG that they claimed it would - so what's new?).

I've got Magnecors on right now - we'll see how long they last......

FWIW, the Taylor wires I used on my old Charger held up good with an MSD-5C
ignition.

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate