Re: Cam Change(ATTN BOB S.)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 08:14:45 EDT

At 08:09 PM 10/14/99 EDT, you wrote:
>15.2 is pretty good. What were your times before the cam/springs/rollers?

Thanks...think it would have run a 15.1x but there was a fairly stiff
headwind which really killed the last 1/8th on the 4350 lb Dak.

Best time before was 15.541 sec. This was done in hot/humid weather.
Best time after, again in hot/humid weather, was 15.417 sec.

The lifters/springs/rollers really strengthened and stabilized the
valve train. A few times prior to installation, I got valve float
at about 5300 rpm. As a matter of fact, I ran against an RC RT in
the finals. Floated the valves twice, backed off twice, and still
managed a 15.8x to his 15.4x.

With the cam/lifters/springs/rollers installed, I can now run to
6000 rpm and it's still pulling strongly.

I wasn't too sure as to what to expect from the cam but felt 2/10 sec.
would be realistic. I was waiting for cooler weather to see what it
could really do but the F&B stage 1 tb arrived and I installed it.
Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., best 15.234 sec. 89.81 mph