Re: vinyl dressing for tonneau cover

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 16:33:36 EDT

When I had the tonneau cover tailored for the bed bars in my Dakota, I asked
the same question to the upholstery shop that was doing the work (owner
happens to be a friend). He said DO NOT use Armor All on the tonneau.
Armor All is petroleum based and with dry out the vinal over a long period
of time making it brittle later on. He recommended 2001 instead. Said it's
synthetic and is less harmful in the long term.

>Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:44:33 EDT
>From: Jetmugg@aol.com
>Subject: Re: DML: vinyl dressing for tonneau cover
>
>I've been using Armor-All on my TekStyle tonneau since 1992, and it's still
>going strong. I just make sure to let it soak in for about 5 minutes
>before
>wiping off, and it holds up to the elements pretty well.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and Y2K Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM