Re: Jet or Hypertech

From: Bob B Ford (bobngae@juno.com)
Date: Sat Oct 16 1999 - 01:11:04 EDT

> The results with and without the Jet chip weren't that different,
> but without the chip the HP curve was much smoother with more power
> between 3500 and 4500 with power, about equal everywhere else.

 I have the Hypertech PTM back-ordered through Summit Racing. I really
question their 25+hp increase. I just installed a Generation II K & N
system on
my 5.2L and took it for a test drive. Seat-of-the-pants says maybe 5 to
10hp
increase."Not up to 26hp+" like the ad claims. $269.95 down the drain?
Now I'm about to cancel my order through Summit for a Hypertech PTM that
also
claims 25+HP increase. Are all aftermarket mods a scam? I feel like an
absolute fool!
Bob in Sacramento