Re: Snow vs 2wd!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Oct 17 1999 - 16:18:14 EDT

At 02:51 PM 10/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>New England winter is almost here and I got me a 2WD Dak (Doh!!). This
>thing slips in the rain, I hate to see what it's gonna be like in the snow.
>Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get through my first Dak
>winter - sand? Concrete? bigger tires??
>Kevin

I've switched to 235/75R15 Bridgestone Bizzaks for the past three winters
and have found them to be very good in deep snow and excellent in icy
conditions. Since I bought mine, they've come out with two versions:
one with a compound more suited to mainly icy conditions and the other
with a compound more suited to snowy mainly conditions.

I recently read that they have also made another change for this model year.
Prior models had the special tire compounds for only the first half of the
tread
depth. Once wear reached this level, the tires used all-season type rubber
compound. The new ones, I believe, have the special compound the full depth
of the tire.

I don't run with any extra weight in the bed but you may find that you want
to.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.
Racing weight: 4,350lb ET: 15.234 Trap speed: 89.81 mph