Re: New Exhaust Questions

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 11:41:41 EDT

Doug Myers <dougmyers@radix.net> wrote:
> Are you sure? I know that 3" DUAL exhaust would hurt my low end, but a
> 3" SINGLE should be sized just right for the V8.

I agree Doug. In 97, Truckin magazine ran an exclusive
article on the Dakota. Mopar engineers were experimenting
on the 5.2L and claimed the 3" exhaust was the way to go
to make more power.

> I've got the 318, with the 5-speed (something like a 4:1 first gear),
> and the 3.92 rear gears to top it all off. I think that moving the torque up
> about would help my truck more than hurt it, especially for better
> acceleration (what I'm after).

Same here, I've got wheel hopp pretty bad and I know I need
to address the traction issue. I think Erics manifold mod might
be just the remedy for more mid, hi range power, along with a
good set of headers.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd