the big slam

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 18:53:55 EDT

okay ladies and gentlemen, the mighty premag is now slammed!!

I used Western Chassis 3/5 drop with spindles and coils up front, and shackle, hanger, and blocks out back. The truck sits nice and low now =)
Here are the problems I came across:
- out front, the stock suspension stuff was hard to pull apart. Real hard! They had to use a hammer.
- the Doesch Techs are fat. Too fat to slide through the opening in the bottom of the factory control arm. You have to cut =/
- the front driver side will rub on huge bumps, but only if the only person in the truck is the driver.
-the bolt holes didn't line up on the shackle mounts. We had to drill new holes in the frame. Western will hear about that!
- the back sits lower than the front. Probably due to the long bed. I got a total of a 5.5" drop out back because of the extra weight from the long bed. I plan to remove the 1" block from the rear to level it out.
- I keep draggin' my tailpipe on steep inclines (hehehehe)

pics are comin' soon, I just have to git some film and stuff. I don't wanna' take pics untill I get the bed fixed tho. The bed didn't mount right when we put it back on. It sits real crooked now. I think the frame warped when they put the notch in the frame... I hope not =(

the ride is great! nice and tight =) it handles much better than it did. It was almost unliveable untill I got it aligned, but now it's great! I highly recommend droppin' it!

that's all for now.

-mike d.