Nylon Throttle Body?

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 19:58:20 EDT

DMLers,
     I dont have my dak yet so I've yet to explore but once the creative
juices get flowing, theres no slowing down. Here's my question/idea:

     Whats in the throttle body? Is it just a hunk of metal with some
butterflies and some sensor mounts or is there some sort of contraption in
there also?
     The reason I ask is I got the new MidAmerica catalog today and noticed
a nylon throttlebody. They claim it doesn't soak up as much heat. If its
just a hunk metal I think I can make a copy of it in Nylon. I work for a
crazy machine shop.
      Let me know.

--
Dave