Re: Mopar plug wires vs Magnecor vs ???

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 23:54:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/99 11:57:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Mst29@aol.com
writes:

<< so these wires would be good way over 30,000 miles? how about 60,000? >>

I'll quote from the FAQ at www.magnecor.com ....

" 7. How long will Magnecor Race Wires last ?

If correctly installed, Magnecor Race Wires should last the life of most
engines, except where the original design of the distributor uses ignition
wire terminals as internal arcing points (most Chrysler 2.2 and 2.5 liter 4
cylinder engines). Suspected ignition wire failure is always the result of
improper installation (particularly on engines designed to make it impossible
to easily reach spark plugs), and a lack of awareness that poor engine design
allows moisture to accumulate in spark plug holes on certain production
engines needing spark plug wires with extended multi-part plastic connectors
to reach spark plugs. Many of these problems are discussed in our technical
bulletins."

These wires use a 100% silicone insulating layer, so, there is nothing to
really "burn out" .... Everyone I've sold a set to so far has been happy.

ttyl
Patrick