New Ram Off-Road Package

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 11:14:48 EDT

I tried to Order that new Off-Road Package on my new Ram but was unable to
get it for a couple of reasons. First off Cost. That package costs $1800.
Second, the 2000 Ram dealer specifications book doesn't say anything about
it not being available with the Sport package and dispite the fact that the
2000 Dealer price guide showed the discounted price of $1300 when ordered
with the Sport package, A call to DC confirmed, it can't be ordered with the
Sport package.

What the package consists of is:
17" Alloy Rims with 275-75-17 tires
Heavy Duty Service Group
Transfer Case and Fuel Tank Skid Plates
LSD with 4:10 gears
Tow Hooks
Off-Road Badging

The suspension is stock 1500 from what I gather (no mention of any
modifications) and the only exclusion listed was "not available with 4 wheel
anti-lock". I think it also required the travel convience group, but don't
hold me to that one.

My dealer tried to order the it on my truck but the computer kept kicking it
back when they tried to add the Sport and Off-Road packages on the same
order. So I went for a Solar Yellow Sport instead. The Sport package comes
with the Transfer Case Skid Plate and we ordered the HD service group and
LSD seperate. Couldn't get 4:10 on a 1500 so I went with 3:92. I'll buy
the tow hooks and fuel tank skid plate at the parts counter if I decide I
really need them. As far as the 17" rims, that really wasn't a selling point
for me. I plan to lift my truck and the biggest tire I could find for a 17"
is a 34x12.50x17". Since this is a second vehicle for me, I wan't to go a
bit more extreme.

>Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:30:46 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Geoffrey Hackbart <digum98@yahoo.com>
>Subject: DML: Attn Eric Kurtz New Ram 4X4 pkg & Dak CC 4dr
>
>Hey all,
>Just thought I'd relay some information on new pkgs. I
>was told by a salesman the other day about a new Ram
>4x4 off road pkg. They are putting 17" wheels on the
>Ram with 275-75-17 tires. It will also have better
>suspension stuff and of course the badging. He said
>that they have five on order with that pkg and that
>they should be there at the end of Nov. If anyone is
>interested in pics I will take some.
>
>Also, they are finally coming out with a Dakota CC
>four door. I was told that this will be out in
>December.
>
>Eric, is all this true?
>

>=====
>Later,
>Geoffrey
>~~98 DAK CC SLT 3.9L V6 Metallic Red~~

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM