RE: Dakota Body Lift

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 15:48:43 EDT

Hey Travis...

To measure your backspace, remove one of the wheels and deflate the tire.
Place the tire/wheel flat on the ground with the back side of the tire
facing up towards you. Place a flat edge (level board, yardstick, etc.)
across the rim (you may need someone to hold the tire down) you want the
flat edge to contact only the rim, not resting on the tire sidewall. Once
you've got that, measure from the wheels mounting surface to the bottom of
whatever you are using as your flat edge. That will give you your
backspacing.

Reading over this, these make it sound a lot harder then it actually is, and
I'm sure the list will correct me if I've missed something! Should take you
about 15 minutes (depending on what you have to re-inflate the tire!)

Now, get some of those pictures onto a website, so we can see what your DAK
looks like!

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI