Re: ATTN! Possible Dakota vs Lightning vs 454ss shootout!

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 20:42:47 EDT

 Nothings been finalized yet, Will. I am going to try and lobby them to
limit the trucks to Lightnings,Dakotas, and 454SSs. An event like this needs
to be exclusive, IF you want people to show up from long distances. In my
opinion, it also needs to have a lot of heads up racing, besides bracket.
Lets face it, not too many people get real excited about bracket racing. I
know I don't. If the event was only bracket, I might even consider not going.
People need incentives to drive long distances.
   I'm also going to try and get fair,heads up rules. Any idiot can shoehorn
a big block into a chevy luv and turn decent #s. I'm going to propose that
the truck must have a derivative of the same engine that the truck came with
from the factory. AND NO CARBURETED MOTORS! Its a cheap,unfair advantage. Use
all the porting, power adders and aftermarket crap you want. I'm basically
trying to keep out all the trailered,tubbed out,4 linked tin cans from
showing up. Besides, I think most of us want it to be competitive and true
late model, fuel injected rides.
Tom(11s dak)