ATTN! Possible Dakota vs Lightning vs 454ss shootout!

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 19:32:49 EDT

     I have been in contact with ss454.com as well as the president of North
American Truck Club. The Lightning camp has issued a challenge to the 454ss
club for a shootout. I got wind of it and asked if Dakotas could be
included, since we are all late model,fuel injected and run roughly the same
1/4 mile times. This idea was well received by their members. I was formally
asked to talk to the DML about participating in such an event. Location is
still unknown. It may be on the east coast. I personally don't like that
idea. I would like it to be more centralized, but nothing is for sure yet.
     I NEED INPUT! Especially if you would seriously consider going to such
an event. NATC prez says he can get magazine coverage for it.
   Don't have a time table yet, everything is preliminary right now