Re: Ping and Rattle problems

From: Tom T (turlington@juno.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 21:03:04 EDT

I just tried high octane myself and the problem was greatly reduced. I
ran it all out, put regular back in and the problem came back instantly.
This seems to me to be pinging rather than valve lifter roller rattle. My
Dakota was built for the east coast which does have special emmisions
requirements, but I doubt they're the same as California. But maybe
there's a similarity in whatever is causing this problem.